International Arbitration Center in Tokyo
Start a case
This will guide you to the best choice among many. Find out here
model arbitration clause
How to include an arbitration clause in a contract
Information for IACT users
In September 2018, IP leaders around the globe united to create an outstanding alternative dispute resolution center, chaired by Randall Rader, the former Chief Judge of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
IACT’s Advantages—IACT provides key benefits that make arbitration before IACT a desirable path, including:
1. Highly-regarded forum for technology-related legal matters. IACT is well-suited to resolve international disputes as its neutrals have handled a number of key cases including intellectual property disputes.
2. Global coverage. Arbitrators and mediators are selected from major jurisdictions around the globe. The parties may agree to select a neutral(s) for proceedings. Absent the parties’ selection, a neutral(s) will be selected from appropriate jurisdictions.
3. Unparalleled Experience. Many of IACT’s experts have presided over thousands of complicated cases as a judge. Some experts have served as an official in charge of IP matters.
4. Cost and time efficiency. IACT seeks to achieve cost and time efficiency by streamlining the process and defining the arbitrators' hourly rates and the chargeable hours in each dispute, rather than using other commonly-used fee amounts such as a percentage of the amount in controversy.
5. Flexibility. IACT can assist Med-Arb and layered ADR with the knowledge and experience of neutrals chosen from every continent. If the parties are not familiar with the finality of arbitration, the parties may preserve the opportunity to appeal to a supervisory panel.
Randall R. Rader
Please direct inquiries at:
Sapia Tower 8th floor,
Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 100-0005, JAPAN